Friday, April 13, 2012

Hey Joe! Why are you so sloppy?!



Just a quick blog update. Dinner last night the whole family loved! Sloppy Joes...With a healthy twist!!
I like to take things we all love to eat and make them a little bit better. Firstly 99% of the meats we eat are lean meats. This recipe is made with 97% fat free ground turkey. You also can pick your favorite barbecue sauce too. (Mine is Sweet Baby Rays) But I think I will be making my own for the summer to get it a little bit healthier.For the bun (when I do rarely eat bread)I use the Sara Lee's 100% Multi-Grain Thin Bakery Bread. Here is how to make your quick delicious dinner.  





Turkey Sloppy Joe's

1Lb Lean ground turkey.
1/2 Red Bell pepper
1/2 Green pepper
1 Small purple onion
2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 cup of Barbecue Sauce
4 buns
6oz Tomato paste

Chop peppers and onions, add to frying pan with olive oil cook until tender(about 5 min). Add Turkey to pan and cook until brown.(about 8-10 min)Add Tomato paste and Barbecue sauce. Heat until warmed through. Serve warm!





1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather. I have a question about your blog, please email me when you get a chance. HeatherVonSJ(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete